The Governance of the Club is described in Articles 3-8 of the D20-LTIC_-_Charter_and_Rules_2019-04-26_Tokyo.pdf150.52 KB (see below)
- EIB President – Dr. Werner Hoyer:
- SIDF President/CEO - Dr. Ibrahim Almojel:
- Mr. Enrico Petrocelli, CDP, Head of International Institutional Relations:
- Secretariat: Mr Tobias Haumer, EIB
- Prof. Franco Bassanini
Organs of the Club
- The Club shall be directed and managed by a:
- Heads of D20-LTIC Steering Committee (hereafter referred to as the “Steering Committee”),
- D20-LTIC Sherpa Committee (hereafter referred to as the “Sherpa Committee”), the Steering Committee and the Sherpa Committee are hereafter jointly referred to as the “Committees”, and
- President and Co-President (hereafter jointly referred to as the “Presidents”),
Heads of D20-LTIC Steering Committee
- The Steering Committee shall be comprised of representatives of all Members of the Club.
- The Steering Committee shall have at least one annual meeting. Such annual meeting shall, unless otherwise agreed, be hosted by the Member of the country that is holding the current G20 presidency.
- The Member of the country that is holding the current G20 presidency is playing a crucial and active role in preparing the Steering Committee meeting, in organizing an annual forum devoted to the G20 development agenda, in coordinating the D20 Statement, in interacting with the current G20 presidency and in introducing current G20 issues for discussion by the D20-LTIC members.
- The Steering Committee shall:
- provide overall guidance, strategic orientation and set the annual work priorities for the Club;
- discuss and decide on a joint report or statement (D20 Statement) as collective communication to the G20;
- elect the President and the Co-President;
- determine the powers and authority of the Presidents, the Sherpa Committee and the Secretary-General;
- decide on the admission of new Members;
- decide on the exclusion of a Member;
- decide on changes to this Charter and Rules; and
- decide on the dissolution of the Club.
- Save as otherwise provided in this Charter and Rules, all decisions of the Steering Committee shall be taken by consensus. The decisions of the Steering Committee shall be considered as approved if (a) they receive favourable votes or abstentions by all Full Members attending a quorate meeting or (b) they are approved pursuant to the Written Procedure described in Article 14.
D20-LTIC Sherpa Committee
- The Sherpa Committee shall be comprised of representatives of all Members of the Club.
- The Sherpa Committee shall have at least one annual meeting and shall meet as often as required including by conference call or video conference.
- Each Member shall nominate one Sherpa and can nominate multiple Co-Sherpas in order to perform the work within the Sherpa Committee.
- The Sherpa Committee shall:
- be chaired by the Secretary-General or by one of its Members;
- decide on the Clubs’ annual Budget and membership fees;
- approve the Clubs’ Annual Accounts;
- decide on the creation and termination of working groups;
- prepare the admission of new Members;
- prepare changes to this Charter and Rules;
- prepare the Steering Committee meetings;
- prepare the draft D20 Statement or report under the leadership and coordination of the Member of the current G20 presidency;
- implement the annual work priorities and other decisions taken by the Steering Committee;
- Save as otherwise provided in this Charter and Rules, all decisions of the Sherpa Committee shall be taken by consensus. The decisions of the Sherpa Committee shall be considered as approved if (a) they receive favourable votes or abstentions by all Full Members attending a quorate meeting or (b) they are approved pursuant to the Written Procedure described in Article 14.
President and Co-President
- The Club shall be managed by the President and a Co-President elected by the Steering Committee.
- When electing the President and the Co-President among the Members, consideration shall be given by the Steering Committee to the regional diversity among Members and to have a least one of the Presidents coming from a G20 constituency.
- A professional change of one of the Presidents will require a new election of that position.
- The term of office of the President shall be for three, that of the Co-President for two consecutive years, commencing on the day following the meeting during which they were elected. It shall expire at the end of the Steering Committee meeting immediately following the expiry of the term. The term of the Presidents may be extended by decision of the Steering Committee.
- The Presidents shall chair and lead the work of the Steering Committee.
Secretary-General and Secretariat
- The Secretary-General shall be appointed by the Presidents, and may be removed, by common decision of the Presidents.
- The tasks of the Secretary-General are to organize and administer the work of the Club; to draw up the Club’s Annual Accounts and propose the Budget (as described in Article 18); to provide secretarial services to the Presidents and the Committees; to chair the Sherpa Committee and to implement the decisions taken by the Committees.
- The Secretary-General may be supported in the performance of his or her tasks by a Secretariat.
- The Steering Committee may award the title of Honorary President to a former President or Co-President of the Club.