BELIEFS & OBJECTIVES
The Members of the Long-term Investors Club have agreed on the following key principles, which shall characterize their actions as long-term investors :
- We believe that long-term investors’ ability to adopt a long-term horizon in investment strategies is a defining characteristic among investors in the global economy.
- We believe that long-term investors have been playing and will go on playing a positive role in the global economy by supporting sustainable economic growth :
- In periods of crisis through a stable investor behavior that allows value creation over the long-term,
- In periods of growth through financing long-term projects that are less profitable in the short term than short-term investments but more profitable to the national and global economies in the long-term.
- We believe in and support the establishment of an international philosophy of long-term investment organizations and we will work for that purpose in close cooperation with the main international financial, economical, and political governance bodies.
- We believe that long-term investment must support social and environmental improvement ; therefore we will invest in accordance with the internationally recognized social and environmental responsibility policies.
- We share a common identity as long-term investors, although our organizations cover a wide range of financial institutions such as pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, public investment institutions, reserve funds, endowment funds, development banks, and/or pension benefit guarantee schemes.
- We believe that Environmental, Social and Governance issues can affect the performance of investors’ portfolios in a long-term perspective and that taking these issues into account may better align investors with broader objectives of society.
- We believe that our diversity makes our commitments stronger and our unity as long-term investors more meaningful.
- D20-LTIC – Charter and Rules (2 Dec 2022)